Translate

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Villainous Villain Tag


I’ve never done tags before, but after Elethia tagged me, I actually ended up enjoying the whole thing and decided to come up with one of my own. It’s a tag for the villain of whatever story you’re writing, so if you got a story you are working on that has villain, feel free to use this tag. And now without any further ado…


(1.) Who is your favorite (or main) villain of the book/series you are writing, and how would you describe his/her character?

For this, I decided to use a villain I created called Ruval from my book, The Dark Wolf. He is a very important and noticeable character, and the protagonist’s chief nemesis.

To describe his character, I would say he is proud and power-hungry, desiring nothing else except magic with which he can control people and destroy whoever gets in his way. People mean nothing to him. He considers others beneath him and will do whatever he must to achieve his goals. One thing he despises is weakness, and wanting to be loved or needing others is considered weak. He believes in trusting one’s self and nothing else. Because of this, he is a very bitter and angry person.


(2.) What special powers (if any) does this villain have?

Ruval actually has a variety of abilities. His natural ones include enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, and a longer lifespan than most. His other ones are due to the years spent delving into the Dark Powers. Part of things he can do is change his form into a wolf, create energy blasts, turn himself into smoke, and create creatures from the Shadow itself.


(3.) What was your inspiration for the character?

Ra’s al Ghul and Bane, from the Dark Knight movies. Those two were like the perfect villains, and they really helped with the development of Ruval, who originally started out as just your everyday sorcerer and then grew into someone more complex and unique.


(4.) Of all the villains in your book/series, what distinguishes this villain from the others?

I suppose what makes this villain different from the others, is that he didn’t start out bad. In the beginning, he was one of the greatest warriors against darkness, but when tragedy befell him, he couldn’t handle it and so turned to the very evil he had once fought, seeking power so that he would never be hurt or helpless again.


(5.) Even though this character is on the side of evil, what trait does this villain posses that you admire?

I would have to say his intelligence. He’s a master of strategy, and quite cunning. He’s got backup plans for his backup plans, and everything is planned and mapped out way ahead of time.


(6.) What lessons can be learnt from the character’s story?

With Ruval, everything is about the choices he made. When tragedy struck, he blamed the One who had created him, instead of seeking His face. As a result of that, he sought for power so that he could be in control. When bad things happen in life, they are the most important times to lean on God the most, for only through Him will we come out victorious and with peace. Ruval didn’t, and because of that, he has no peace and nothing satisfies him. All he has is his hatred and anger.

(7.) If you had the opportunity to meet your villain, would you do so?

Ah…no. Definitely not. Call me a coward, but I’d rather pass if such an opportunity ever did arise. Some villains you just don’t want to meet even if they are in a titanium cell.

Well, hopefully that didn't come out to bad. And now *gives wicked chuckle* I am going to tag a couple people:


Elethia




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool villain to me! :) I love villains, so thank you very much for this tag.

    Here are my answers! http://writinginrivendell.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-villainous-villain-tag-by-dark-wolf.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm on my way to check out your answers. :)

      Delete
  2. I laugh! Because it's you know... a cell... And there was one in the Avengers for the Hulk...that wasn't used for the Hulk, but whatever. Spoilers!

    Brilliant villain! (See, I got stuff other than "titanium cell." Sorry, I'm such a superhero geek, oh my word.)

    ~Starz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that one! Kind of silly for anyone to think a mere cell would contain the Hulk. :)

      (*chuckles* That's okay. I'm a huge superhero geek myself, so I understand. :) )

      Delete