Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Cover






Here is the back and front cover. Using a template from CreateSpace, I created the cover and design in GIMP, which is truly an incredible tool to work with. Creating the image was a bit tricky, as I'm not the best at drawing my own pics, and I have a long way to go before I can call myself a computer geek. Still, when you have God involved, everything works out. The image was originally a simple supernova with some flame added to it, but then I took one with just the supernova and opened it in Word where I then used one of Word's art effects to it. I got the image above, and it looked so awesome, both I and my mother were in favor of using this for the cover.
The fancy typeface on the front cover was created in GIMP as well. I had to create each piece of text as a separate image and then drop it onto the main one and try to center it. It was a lot of work and time, but I thank God it came out so well.





4 comments:

  1. Sweet! Nice job Dark Wolf, looks really good! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover, Dark Wolf! I'm excited for you. When do you publish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I can't give an exact date as to when I'm publishing, but it should be very soon now. ;)

      Delete