Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Logo Experiments


I got a program recently for manipulating images called GIMP, which is a fascinating tool to work with, which I am still learning how to use. With this program, I was able to create the snazzy logo you see for my blog, and even an image for my book. While trying to find the right logo for my blog, I ended up making quite a few, until I got the one you see now. Here are some of my experiments, which I think you will find interesting.















4 comments:

  1. Cool! I've been experimenting with GIMP lately as well. :) It is a cool program, isn't it? I'm going to attempt to do my cover art with it. :D

    I like the first one and the last one the best. :)

    Tag! http://writinginrivendell.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-fun-new-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is! Of course there's a bit of a learning curve, but God has been helping me to master it. I actually made my COVER as well as the image in it!
      Having seen some of your art, all you would need to do is scan it and then add whatever special effects you want, and you should have a great pic. :)

      I like those two logos as well. My absolute favorite, though, is the last one. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Why thank you! :) Yes, I'm really hoping that the cover art turns out well. I've already scanned in all of my images, and all that remains as actually putting the effects on. That and making the image in the right dimensions.

      And yeah, that last logo is the best. :D

      Delete
    3. Alright! I can't wait to see your finished product!

      I was a little concerned about the dimensions of my art as well, but I found out that Amazon gives you free cover templates, which was a huge help.
      All you have to do is download one and fit your image onto the template. If it's too big or small, you simply use GIMP to fix the size.

      Delete